3 Painless Ways How to Put on a Duvet Cover
While we can all agree that there's simply nothing better to give your room and mood a lift than a set of clean, fresh bedding; to many of us, changing our duvet cover is a daunting task! We've all been there, breaking a sweat as we try in vain to spread the duvet evenly within the cover, eventually hanging our heads in shame and calling someone in to give a hand...
With recent surveys showing that 80% of people find it frustrating to put their duvet cover on and the experts saying we should be changing our duvet cover every two weeks, that's a lot of hard labour racked up every year. To make things easier for you, Slumber Suite has compiled the most quick and painless ways to change your duvet cover to save you time and energy (and maybe your sanity).
How to Put on a Duvet Cover: The Old School Method
- Spread your duvet flat on top of your mattress.
- Turn your fresh duvet cover inside out and find the two top corners. Be patient as this may take a second with your duvet cover inside out!
- With your hands now inside the two top corners of the cover, grab hold of the two top corners of the duvet itself.
- Now for the moment of truth... Holding each corner tightly, quickly flip the duvet as smoothly as you can.
- Give it a good shake until the duvet is as aligned as you can make it inside the duvet cover.
- Adjust the corners on the bottom side by hand and zip up. You're done!
- While the flip aspect of this method requires some finesse, with a bit of practice you'll soon feel like a duvet flipping ninja.
How to Put on a Duvet Cover: The Burrito
- Turn your duvet cover inside out and lay it flat on the bed.
- Spread out the duvet on top of it with all the corners aligned.
- Starting at the closed end of the cover, begin carefully rolling both the cover and the duvet together, ensuring you keep the roll as taut as you can.
- Roll up right to the end until you have a nice burrito shape.
- Open up the cover and reach in, grabbing the end of the burrito and pulling it all the way through.
- Do the exact same at the other end and then pull through the rest of the duvet.
- Start unrolling, evening out the kinks as you go. Voilà!
- While this method has a few extra steps and so can take a bit more care, once you have the process down it couldn't be simpler.
How to put on a Duvet Cover: The Mover & Shaker
- Spread out your duvet cover flat on top of the bed.
- With the opening side facing towards you, fold the duvet cover twice towards the opening. Pro tip: give a quick shake after each fold if you need to even things up!
- Fold the duvet twice in the exact same way. Place it alongside your previously folded duvet cover facing the opening side.
- Stuff the duvet into the opening of the cover. Don't worry about being too graceful for the moment, just get it in!
- Now for the final step, grab the corners of both at the same time and shake, shake, shake.
- When both are nicely aligned simply zip up the opening and you're all set.
So there you have it, our tried and tested methods for putting on a fresh duvet cover! Why not give each one a go and see which method suits you best. Which method did you find a breeze, and which could you simply not get your head around? Maybe your family has their own secret method handed down through the generations! As always, we'd love to hear your thoughts in the comments. Be sure to keep an eye on the blog for handy guides like this, and don't forget to like us on Facebook for a first look at posts like this.
Our Top 10 Ranking for Duvet Covers:
1. Louisiana Bedding Check Polka Reversible Duvet Cover Set 100% Cotton 200 Thread Count Navy White
2. Louisiana Bedding Modern Reversible Duvet Cover Set 100% Cotton 200 Thread Count Multi
3. Louisiana Bedding Good Morning Reversible Duvet Cover Set 100% Cotton 200 Thread Count Blue White
4. Louisiana Bedding Floral Stripe Reversible Duvet Cover Set 100% Cotton 200 Thread Count Multi
5. Louisiana Bedding Geometric Stripe Reversible Duvet Cover Set 100% Cotton 200 Thread Count Multi
6. Louisiana Vertical Stripe Duvet Cover Set, 100% Cotton, 200 Thread Count, Blue/White
8. Louisiana Check Duvet Cover Set, 100% Cotton, 200 Thread Count, Navy White